Pages

06 June 2014

Summer Books


You know how some people have seasonal traditions? Obviously, there's Christmastime, and Halloween and other holidays, but what about seasons? When I think of summer, I think of the Summer Books. That's not what they're actually called, but I have been calling them that for years. They are a 3 book series that have everything you look for in a summer. I might sound like an idiot, but really, these books are great. To me, anyways. 


I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon them but all I can remember is that when I was 15, I was visiting my dad in California with my friend, Audrey, for a week in the summer, and I read the first and second book while I was on my trip. I was hooked. I couldn't put them down. And then, I think the last book came out in April of my junior year, which was a heck of a wait, but goodness, it was worth it. 

This is my fourth time reading them. I fall in love with the story and the characters all over again each time. I won't spoil anything for anyone, but I did want to share some of my favorite quotes. 

"He made it so hard not to love him. When he was sweet like this, I remembered why I did. Used to love him, I mean. I remembered everything."
  • The summer I Turned Pretty, page 191

"How do you regret one of the best nights of your entire life? You don't. You remember every word, every look. Even when it hurts, you still remember."
  • It's Not Summer Without You, page 114

"I loved him in a way that you can really only do the first time around. It's the kind that doesn't know better and doesn't want to - it's dizzy and foolish and fierce. That kind of love is really only a one-time-only thing."
  • We'll Always Have Summer, page 0

I highly recommend these books. Mostly to females. Not that guys can't read them, but I doubt they'd get as emotionally attached as any woman would. Jenny Han is an excellent author. Absolutely love her writing. It's so relatable, and right to the point. And the picture she paints with this story is absolutely beautiful. I am not a romance novel type girl. I really only enjoy classics, crime/mystery books, informative novels, biographies and some fantasies. I don't like reading romance novels because I just don't think they're good for me. I get too caught up in them. Which, these books totally defy that little standard of mine, but they're that good. I love them that much. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Irony + Happiness. * BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.