Pages

28 October 2014

Leen In Tennessee


A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to spend five days with my best friend. She flew in early morning October 10th. We ran to each other and it was so cute. 

One thing that really stunk about Aleah's visit was that the weather was incredibly gloomy almost the entire time she was here. But we had brief moments of sunshine and took full advantage by snapping lots of pictures. 

In our adventures,  I took her to the walking bridge downtown, several coffee shops, quality taco restaurants, Leiper's Fork, a pumpkin patch, and the Natchez Trace bridge. Other places too, but among these places we were able to capture photos. 

I had the best time. It had been two months since I had last seen her on the morning I drove away to move down here, and I am pleased to say that absolutely nothing had changed. We just happened to be in Nashville. I was reminded, though, how much of a blessing friendship is. And not just any friendship. The best friends kind. The kind where each of you knows what the other one means with out words. The kind where you both are the only ones laughing at something that no one else finds funny. The kind where you're both black so you both understand the struggle of humidity and the hair on your head. The kind where you share dreams for your life and can only pray that you'll both be there to experience them together. 

I can't wait to see her again. I wish it were at thanksgiving, but it will be at Christmas. I'll be buying my plane tickets to come home shortly, and I am so excited. But that is another story, another post. 
Outside of Pinewood.
I had driven by this shed in Leiper's Fork several times. I always thought it was so beautiful and looked like the perfect place for a photo shoot. After church with my friend Madison, I took both of them there and, come on. They are models.
We somehow all ended up with a picture of us looking down. Cute.
Gentry's Farm.
I know you wanted to see a picture of my eyes closed. So you're welcome.

On top of the Natchez Trace bridge.
Me, trying to give Aleah a heart attack. 
This is her, "I'm terrified inside but I'm just going to laugh uncontrollably to hide it from anyone" face.
This is her, "yeah, I'm terrified and I hate this and take the dang photo already" face.
Sweet sun!

Love this of her.
From underneath.

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful gals...I miss you both and hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your wallet on 12 S that same weekend. Where can I bring it to you? I sent you a message on FB so let me know. Love your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE KIDDING ME

      I haven't received any message on Facebook! here is a link to my profile so we can talk on there: www.facebook.com/faleciadparker . Also if it's easier, my email is falecia2013@yahoo.com

      You have no idea what a blessing this is, that was so stressful that I lost it, please tell me that my license is still inside it, I don't care about the money, I just need that dang license!

      Delete

Irony + Happiness. * BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.