Pages

31 May 2014

River Festival

This past final Friday of the month Regan, Austin, Aleah & I went to the Riverfest. We had a blast. It was just what I needed. A night off and a night out on the town. It was especially what I needed after resigning as a para at the school. It absolutely broke my heart on the last day. Knowing that I don't get to work with all my precious kiddos anymore makes me very sad. I mean, I have never felt like I had an actual, important purpose at anything more than I did at this job, maybe ever. It just felt right. Leaving them, and the staff at the school, was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I hated it. I want Nashville more than anything, but this part is just no fun.

But like I said, this night out was just what I needed. I was with my favorite people. I also hung out with some fellow Starbucks baristas, Paige and Zane. They're great. Here are some photos.

Sidenote - I finally got my new camera!
This was during the parade, which, after Paige's insight, we all agreed was for the purpose of advertisement.
We started walking east for coffee and found this wall.
I mean, I guess they're cute.

When Zane and Paige showed up.
Geez, am I going to miss them.
Reverie!
Just watch the fireworks.
I just realized this might be my last festival for.. a while. How bittersweet. I really do love attending it every year. Downtown Wichita is one of my favorite places. Believe it or not, I like it more than downtown Nashville. Maybe it just feels more like home. But speaking of Nashville, I will be there in 28 days! I can't believe it's already been almost 3 months since I was there last. Which is 3 months too long. I will get to meet my roommate for the first time, and reunite with my sweet Evelyn. Hooray! We have a home to find, y'all. Prayers are appreciated. I'll only be staying on this visit for the weekend. Then, just a handful of weeks after that, I will officially move. It feels like my whole life has been leading up to that moment. And for the first time, I can see myself pulling out of my driveway, early morning, and actually doing it. I mean, I've been able to envision it before, but it has always seemed so unattainable, so distant. Maybe I can see it now because it is so close. I've even packed some of my stuff already. My goodness, everything is changing. For the better, though. I can't wait to see what life will look like when I am living there. 

Thank you for reading. I am having so much fun with this little blog of mine! 
PS - speaking of blogs, my sister (which translates to myself) just redesigned hers! Check it out here. (:




No comments :

Post a Comment

Irony + Happiness. * BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.