Pages

12 August 2014

Summer's End

Goodness. Can you believe summer is already almost over? Do you realize what this means? This means I am officially a Nashville Citizen. What?????

I moved down on Saturday with my mom and my aunt. It feels super strange, honestly. My first night here, I crawled into my bed to go to sleep and I just felt so funny. This is my home now? How weird! My parents house is not my house anymore. It's just all very weird.

I'm most excited about making new friends and meeting new people and I await the day this place feels like home. Because right now it just kind of feels like I'm visiting. I will have a post soon of our apartment (once it's decorated and such). On a side note, if you were wondering, my roommate is as cute as a button. I haven't gotten the chance to spend much time with her yet, though, since my family has been here with me. But I drove them to the airport this morning and Lauren (my roommate) & I have plans to hang out this evening.

For now, I wanted to share a few snippets of my summer. It was truly one of the best ones I've ever had, especially for it being my final one spent in Kansas. Hooray!
Taking photos with Aleah was one of my favorite things. She has such an incredible eye as a photographer and an even more incredible heart. I am so thankful to have her as a best friend.



I spent most of my nights with these next two. I guess it was bound to happen. We all have the same schedules, for crying out loud. They sincerely are a huge part of why this was one of the best summers. Even if they didn't realize it, they have taught me so much. I went to school with Paige from 1st grade until we graduated, and we never spoke a word. Now here we are and she is one of my closest friends. I am so lucky to have her in my life, especially since she'll be moving to Knoxville, the same week I move to Nashville. It will be so nice having her so close, when we'll both be going through the same things being so far from home. And Zane. Where do I even begin with him? I love how I can be whoever I want when I'm with him. With both of them. I just like to hang out with them. We went on so many adventures this summer that I will never forget.
Fourth of July.
Paige & I went to KC one day. Twas absolutely wonderful. I seriously love her. I can't say that enough. Pretty much we just went for the coffee. How cute is she?!
One night, I cooked dinner for some pretty special people. It was so beautiful and so colorful and I had an amazing time. It was intimate and evening time and fireflies were flying all around and it was magic.
                                      

Here are a few other shots of simple things I was able to capture. Now it's time for the next chapter of my life. I've been waiting for Tennessee for what seems like a very long time. I can't contain my excitement. It's crazy that I'm finally here. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Irony + Happiness. * BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.